I’ve been wandering the net looking for useful information for grad students (particularly those who are working on their dissertation and looking forward to the job market.) So here I will start compiling the useful information and links I have found and update as needed.
If you have your own materials or have links to ones you like, feel free to share in the comments!
- Destination Dissertation by Sonja K. Foss and William Waters, excellent book–read it early and often!!
- Even a Geek Can Speak by Joey Asher, this is a great resource for learning how to communicate complicated ideas to all sorts of audiences, also it’s got great humor
- How to write a professional bio
- Lots of really good advice for grad school and beyond (Matt Might, CS-oriented)
- Job market materials (Benjamin Mako Hill)
- More job market materials (Philip Guo)
- Scholarly Pursuits by Cynthia Verba